Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Graduation Celebration

Good morning sweet friends!!  I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!!  I have a busy day as I have 45 baby shower invitations to finish up as well as some cards to make for the May CupCards {to go} kit.  I love all the busyness and creativity!  As you fully know:
 (Creativity) is the only way to run away without leaving home.  ~Twyla Tharp  


I have a couple more graduation photos from the weekend to share with you.  What a wonderful day it was!!
 It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.  ~e.e. cummings
 You are educated.  Your certification is in your degree.  You may think of it as the ticket to the good life.  Let me ask you to think of an alternative.  Think of it as your ticket to change the world. 
 ~Tom Brokaw
and one more little bit of wisdom:
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.  ~Author Unknown

Of course, I waited to the last minute to make a congrats grad card, so I made a quick and easy CAS card:
I used Papertrey Ink's For the Graduate stamps and their Alpha dies along with their Heart and Star border dies.  Easy~Peasy!!!  I made several layers using PTI Stamper's Select White and Enchanted Evening Cardstock.  Then I die cut the alphas and fussy-cut the stamped cap. The text was printed using the Laurenscript font and I used some scraps from the October Afternoon Sidewalks 8x8 pad to add some gold to the card representing the school colors.  I was going for a fun and cute look and the hearts added just the right touch!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my joy!!!
Kristii

3 comments:

Geri said...

Love these pix! And the card...awesome! Grown up, but still sweet!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome pictures-how exciting! Congratulations to you all! Your card is perfect. Thanks for the incredible quotes too, Kristii.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a happy, happy time for your family! Love all those photos. Your daughter is so beautiful and looks so happy! And your graduation card is just perfect! Crisp and elegant..fabulous layers!